Perth and Huron
These services are offered to existing Credit Counselling/Financial Literacy Clients at this time.
Click on this FORM for additional community resources. Please call these resources directly for further guidance on what services they are currently offering.
If you are experiencing financial difficulties due to a job loss, illness, a family break-up or other circumstances, we can help you take steps toward financial recovery through education and support through our Counselling Services.
If you have debt problems, you are not alone. Every day across Canada, thousands of over-indebted families seek solutions. Since 1974, Family Services Perth-Huron has helped thousands of people to overcome financial problems.
Please see this FORM with helpful resources about where to turn when you are experiencing Financial Concerns.
We are part of a network of non-profit agencies across Canada. On an ongoing basis, we connect with other professionals such as federally licensed trustees. These relationships expand our ability to offer options and solutions. United Way agencies, members of the Canadian Bankers Association and major retailers help fund these programs.
FSPH belongs to the Ontario and Canadian Associations of Credit Counselling Services. Accreditation by the Canadian Centre of Accreditation assures the public of trustworthy professional, high quality service. For more information about the Canadian Centre for Accreditation’s program, please visit their website.
Money issues are a leading cause of relationship difficulties and can cause a great deal of stress related issues such as anxiety and depression.
Financial Stress may be a result of the following….
- You use credit for items for which you used to pay cash
- You take out loans or cash advances to pay old bills
- You use overdraft privileges, but never get out of the red
- You put off bills until second notice
- You have no money to deal with a financial emergency
- You pay more than 15% of your monthly take-home pay on debts
- You receive disturbing letters or phone calls from your creditors
- You have been sued by a creditor
- You can never make ends meet
Let us help if you are…
- Trying to fix urgent problems
- Looking for long term solutions
- Exploring solutions that best suit your individual and family circumstances
Our Counselling Team is here to help!
Click the link below for more information regarding your options when it comes to your finances.
“We don’t go out there, on purpose, to get into financial difficulty, there is always a reason or circumstance attached.”
~ Angie Carter, Credit Counsellor
Ontario Registration Number 4138590