Older Adults (55 and over) and their Caregivers
Counselling and information for older adults and/or their family members, caregivers and significant others. We can assist with:
- Coping more effectively with age-related changes
- Improving family relationships
- Managing caregiver stress
- Enhancing communication and problem solving
- Exploring accommodation options
- Identify abuse and learning what to do about it
- Grief and loss
- Connection to much needed community supports and/or government services
Intervention and Support assists vulnerable and at-risk seniors, persons with physical disabilities and/or their significant others to stabilize their situation and develop a follow-up plan. This includes people facing homelessness, a critical or impending change in life situation, abuse or isolation.
We can help you sort out what is needed and connect you and your family to appropriate community support services, such as respite care, housing options, retirement and long-term care homes, adult day services and caregiver supports, etc.
Services are provided at our office or in your home if there are transportation barriers.
Connecting Seniors Program
The Connecting Seniors Program provides personal growth groups for men and women over 55. Please contact Family Services Perth-Huron to see which groups are currently running, 519-273-1020 or 1-800-268-0903.